Yes, they can. Please avoid using any storage cleaning apps like Clean Master, unless you’re using automatic back-up. We won’t be able to retrieve your files, if a cleaning app deletes them.
Not currently. If you’ve subscribed to Vaulty’s online back-up service, your images and videos will be synchronized to any connected Android devices.
We’re built for your privacy and safety. We must be transparent. Here’s what the Vaulty permissions are used for:
- GET_ACCOUNTS, MANAGE_ACCOUNTS, AUTHENTICATE_ACCOUNTS, READ_SYNC_SETTINGS & WRITE_SYNC_SETTINGS: Lets us back-up data to your Google Drive in the specified account.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE, ACCESS_WIFI_STATE, INTERNET & READ_PHONE_STAT: Allows us to provide you with a better online back-up experience.
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE & WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Lets Vaulty work with images and videos in your storage.
- SET_WALLPAPER, READ_CONTACTS & WRITE_CONTACTS: Lets Vaulty set your wallpaper and contact images.
- WAKE_LOCK: Allows us to keep your screen on for easier viewing.
- BILLING: Enables app subscription and in-app upgrades.
- GET_TASKS: Improves application stability.
- VIBRATE: Enables touch feedback.
- CAMERA: Lets Vaulty work as a camera.
Use your security question to set a new password. If you’ve forgotten your security question, you can try contacting our support.
We suggest that you create a strong and easy to remember security question and password. There are multiple guides online for this. The general rules are to not set a question you’d answer online or a question that could be easily guessed (e.g. What’s your favourite color? What’s your favorite month?) Here are samples of decent security questions. Please don’t use these, use them to make your own questions and answers more secure:
- Where were you when you had your first kiss?
- Where were you New Year’s 2003?
- Who was your childhood hero?
- What was the name of your second dog, cat or hamster?
Need more help? We’re always here for you, e-mail us: email@example.com
The safest, simplest, and easiest way is to use Vaulty’s online back-up. When using online back-up, your files are saved securely online and automatically download to your new device.
If you don’t want to backup your files online, you will need to transfer your vault manually to your new phone.
No, we’ve put a lot of thought in making them impossible to find for both people and applications without a password. Vaulty modifies your files, so only it can view them. When your files are backed up, they remain encrypted and are uploaded securely to your Google Drive.
Yes, Vaulty uses several advanced layers of security to protect your private media. Files are moved to a location, that the gallery cannot view, and are modified, so that they can’t be viewed without changing the file back. Vaulty’s protection offers the perfect balance between privacy, security and speed.