Unhide Pictures & Videos
Multiple image and videos can be removed from Vaulty and placed back in your device’s gallery quickly and easily.
- Open Vaulty
- Open a folder
- Press and hold on an item to begin selecting
- Tap to select items
- Tap the “opened lock icon” to unhide selected items
Unhide Individual Pictures
Individual pictures can also be unhidden while viewing them. Just tap the open lock icon to unhide an image.
Some devices may have trouble finding unhidden media. If this happens to you, try turning your phone off and on. If that doesn’t fix it, then the gallery you’re using might have trouble finding the media. Try using a different gallery, such as QuickPic. It’s a free, fast, and powerful alternative gallery.
Please contact us, if your media is still missing.
Within The App
- Open your vault
- Go to “Settings > About > Email Us”
- Enter specific details about your problem and press Send
It’s preferred that you contact us within the app for technical issues, but if you can’t open your Vaulty vaults, or it’s not a technical issue, please contact us via e-mail, and we’ll get this handled: email@example.com
Beta Test & Suggest Features
We welcome your fresh, creative ideas and requests. Please join our Vaulty Beta Testing group on Google+ and enjoy new features faster than anyone.
Yes, they can. Please avoid using any storage cleaning apps like Clean Master, unless you’re using automatic back-up. We won’t be able to retrieve your files, if a cleaning app deletes them.
Not currently. If you’ve subscribed to Vaulty’s online back-up service, your images and videos will be synchronized to any connected Android devices.
We’re built for your privacy and safety. We must be transparent. Here’s what the Vaulty permissions are used for:
- GET_ACCOUNTS, MANAGE_ACCOUNTS, AUTHENTICATE_ACCOUNTS, READ_SYNC_SETTINGS & WRITE_SYNC_SETTINGS: Lets us back-up data to your Google Drive in the specified account.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE, ACCESS_WIFI_STATE, INTERNET & READ_PHONE_STAT: Allows us to provide you with a better online back-up experience.
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE & WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Lets Vaulty work with images and videos in your storage.
- SET_WALLPAPER, READ_CONTACTS & WRITE_CONTACTS: Lets Vaulty set your wallpaper and contact images.
- WAKE_LOCK: Allows us to keep your screen on for easier viewing.
- BILLING: Enables app subscription and in-app upgrades.
- GET_TASKS: Improves application stability.
- VIBRATE: Enables touch feedback.
- CAMERA: Lets Vaulty work as a camera.
Use your security question to set a new password. If you’ve forgotten your security question, you can try contacting our support.
We suggest that you create a strong and easy to remember security question and password. There are multiple guides online for this. The general rules are to not set a question you’d answer online or a question that could be easily guessed (e.g. What’s your favourite color? What’s your favorite month?) Here are samples of decent security questions. Please don’t use these, use them to make your own questions and answers more secure:
- Where were you when you had your first kiss?
- Where were you New Year’s 2003?
- Who was your childhood hero?
- What was the name of your second dog, cat or hamster?
Need more help? We’re always here for you, e-mail us: firstname.lastname@example.org
The safest, simplest, and easiest way is to use Vaulty’s online back-up. When using online back-up, your files are saved securely online and automatically download to your new device.
If you don’t want to backup your files online, you will need to transfer your vault manually to your new phone.
Online back-up automatically downloads your vault to your new device. If you don’t use online back-up, you will need to transfer your vault, when you switch devices.
- Open Vaulty
- Unhide all items
- Use a computer to copy all files to your new device
- Install Vaulty on your new device
- Hide your files in Vaulty again
For help connecting your device to a computer, we recommend searching online for directions specific to your device.
Run a scan in Vaulty, if your files don’t show up immediately after following the directions above.
No, we’ve put a lot of thought in making them impossible to find for both people and applications without a password. Vaulty modifies your files, so only it can view them. When your files are backed up, they remain encrypted and are uploaded securely to your Google Drive.
Yes, Vaulty uses several advanced layers of security to protect your private media. Files are moved to a location, that the gallery cannot view, and are modified, so that they can’t be viewed without changing the file back. Vaulty’s protection offers the perfect balance between privacy, security and speed.